AP Notes, Outlines, Study Guides, Vocabulary, Practice Exams and more!

DBQ Help (1865-1900)--NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
devs711's picture
DBQ Help (1865-1900)--NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

Hey, I have a DBQ tommorow and I cannot seem to organize my thoughts for it.
The teacher gave us the question (but not the documents) so here it is:
"Analyze the effects that technology, government policy, and economics had on agricultural America (1865-1900)."

Heres the brainstorming I have done:
Intro: While at times they seemed they would improve conditions for farmers, they only ended up making conditions worse. Enviromental conditions.
Gov Policy: Granger Laws, Wabash Case, Interstate Commerce Act.
Economics: Depressions, Abusive prices (Railroads had short/long haul, and other technological advancements were purposely more expensive than farmers could afford), This especially hurt tennant farmers.
Technology: Technology focused on industrialism (started to shrink agriculture), However, RR and other technological advancements helped widen the farmers market.

I feel like I need more, but can't really find anything. Also, I feel like it will start to become messy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to help this essay?

bebeswe3tz's picture

actually, devs711...your brainstorm shows that you have this DBQ in the bag...don't overstress yourself. i remember the DBQs for APUSH. I tried to do the same as you, but there's really nothing else you can do without the documents.

and there is an organization process that you'll have to have with the documents being for or against your argument and work from there...

sorry, it doesn't sound like i was much help, but Good Luck, I know you'll do great. -_^

[=2][I][=Comic Sans MS]Smile and stay happy, there'll always be someone out there that's waiting to care for you. Even when life gets hard, all you have to do is try even harder!

[=Teal]Work hard, but let's play h

Need Help?

We hope your visit has been a productive one. If you're having any problems, or would like to give some feedback, we'd love to hear from you.

For general help, questions, and suggestions, try our dedicated support forums.

If you need to contact the Course-Notes.Org web experience team, please use our contact form.

Need Notes?

While we strive to provide the most comprehensive notes for as many high school textbooks as possible, there are certainly going to be some that we miss. Drop us a note and let us know which textbooks you need. Be sure to include which edition of the textbook you are using! If we see enough demand, we'll do whatever we can to get those notes up on the site for you!