AP Notes, Outlines, Study Guides, Vocabulary, Practice Exams and more!

1998 DBQ Jefferson/Madison Views

1 post / 0 new
iZeeshan87's picture
1998 DBQ Jefferson/Madison Views

So basically, I have this DBQ tomorrow. I searched for it on the website but apparently it yielded no results.

Anyhow, this is it:

With respect to the federal Constitution, the Jeffersonian Republicans are usually characterized as strict constructionists who were opposed to the broad constructionism of the Federalists. To what extent was this characterization of the two parties accurate during the presidencies of Jefferson and Madison? (time frame 1801-1817)

I know the basic principle to prove, that they both conflicted their adopted views to get whatever they want, but I can't really prove that as of this point.

Basically, I was hoping if someone could give me 1-2 examples of when they DID follow their views for both parties, and 2-3 when they didn't.

Of course any other advice is greatly appreciated, along with document help if you have them or something.

Need Help?

We hope your visit has been a productive one. If you're having any problems, or would like to give some feedback, we'd love to hear from you.

For general help, questions, and suggestions, try our dedicated support forums.

If you need to contact the Course-Notes.Org web experience team, please use our contact form.

Need Notes?

While we strive to provide the most comprehensive notes for as many high school textbooks as possible, there are certainly going to be some that we miss. Drop us a note and let us know which textbooks you need. Be sure to include which edition of the textbook you are using! If we see enough demand, we'll do whatever we can to get those notes up on the site for you!