AP Notes, Outlines, Study Guides, Vocabulary, Practice Exams and more!

US Church and State - Now vs. 1600s

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
DefaultGen's picture
US Church and State - Now vs. 1600s

Does anyone have a website / notes or something with a decent history about separation of church and state or puritan theocracy? I need to write a 6 page paper on how public opinion about Church and State has changed from the 1600s to today. Basically the only source i've used so far is Wikipedia, and I got some huge-arse books that don't define anything clearly. The essay needs to express my opinion about the topic, so I have to pretend I care about some kind of POV :(

DefaultGen's picture

Bump -----

Armando's picture

When is this due?

GoPunchRocks's picture

http://www.course-notes.org/forum/showthread.php?t=800

btw, if you want to see something interesting: count how many times the word "God" is used in American Documents like the Pledge of Alligance, "the star spangled banner", constitution, dec. of independance. Its a shitload and they dont change it cause there is no seperation...

DefaultGen's picture

Its due November 4th, its a 4-6 page paper

Armando's picture

If you still need help let me know I'll see if I can come up with anything.

bernie14's picture

there really has never been any seperation because religion is a big deal to everyone for example George Bush. Also Go Punch Rocks that was a great suggestion about how many times they say God in US documents. That will probably get you big points.

What's picture

To quote my Government teacher (havent looked it up myself), Sepreation of Church and state is neither mentioned nor desceribed anywhere in the United States Constituion.

GoPunchRocks's picture

imagine what an aethist president could do for this country? it would be a very different world.

Armando's picture

Different good or different bad?

GoPunchRocks's picture

i think good. maybe someone pro-darwin instead of creation?

Pages

Need Help?

We hope your visit has been a productive one. If you're having any problems, or would like to give some feedback, we'd love to hear from you.

For general help, questions, and suggestions, try our dedicated support forums.

If you need to contact the Course-Notes.Org web experience team, please use our contact form.

Need Notes?

While we strive to provide the most comprehensive notes for as many high school textbooks as possible, there are certainly going to be some that we miss. Drop us a note and let us know which textbooks you need. Be sure to include which edition of the textbook you are using! If we see enough demand, we'll do whatever we can to get those notes up on the site for you!