1. Compare and contrast the causes of World War I and World War II?
2. Compare and contrast the resolutions of World War I and World War II. Consider the following:
Peace agreements – major players, ideology, geographic boundaries
Role in creating future confrontation
3. Analyze the impact of war on civilians. Choose either World War I or World War II and compare it with one of the following conflicts:
Korean War Vietnam War
Biafra War Angola War
Nicaragua War Bosnia/Kosovo War
4. Compare and contrast European nationalism during the Interwar Period with that of the independence movements in those nations that decolonized following World War II.
5. Analyze the changing role of the United States in the twentieth century. Consider its role economically, diplomatically and militarily.
6. Compare and contrast the impact of globalization in the 21st century with that of European colonialism in the 19th century.
7. Compare and contrast the patterns and results of decolonization in Africa and South Asia.
8. Compare and contrast two of the following revolutions’ effects on the roles of women:
Russian Revolution 1917
Chinese Revolution 1949
Cuban Revolution 1959
Iranian Revolution 1979
9. Compare the effects of the World Wars on two of the following regions:
10. Compare and contrast why developing nations chose to align with either the USSR or the United States during the Cold War.
11. Compare the legacies of colonialism and the patterns of economic development in two of the three areas below:
12. Compare and contrast the independence struggles of Africa. Why were some nations more successful than others in diversifying their economies, developing a stable political system, and social equality?
13. Compare and contrast the methods and effectiveness of guerilla warfare with that of high-tech warfare. Use specific examples from two of the following military conflicts of the 20th century.
The Iraq War
14. Compare and contrast the methods and results of the Iranian Revolution of 1979 and the Cuban Revolution of Fidel Castro.
15. Analyze the demographic changes of 20th century considering three of the following:
16. Analyze the changes and continuities in threats to the environment and resulting environmental movements in the 20th century.
17. Is cultural convergence or diversity the best model for understanding increased intercultural contact in the 20th century?
18. Analyze the impact of economic philosophy on both the Cold War and on the decolonization movement.
19. Analyze the political and social changes and continuities in one of the following nations during the twentieth century:
20. Analyze the role of religious belief and secular ideologies in the contemporary world.